Effective date: November 8th, 2020
Next review date: November 8th, 2021
Virtual Bridge Limited, is a New Zealand registered limited company with registration number 3041746. Virtual Bridge Limited trading as vBridge (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the MyCloudSpace website, mobile application and Infrastructure as a Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”).
vBridge complies with the requirements of the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and this policy informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our services and the choices you have associated with that data.
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries and so on.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect information required for us to provide and improve our Service to you:
- To maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect, prevent and address malicious use
What data do we collect?
To use the services, we collect company data to allow us to efficiently transact business with you and meet our legal obligations in accordance with New Zealand taxation law
- Company Name
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Accounts contact person
- Accounts email address
- GST registration number
Personal identification information
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with data to contact and identify you.This includes:
- email address
- mobile phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
Recruitment and employee Data
If you work at vBridge, or apply for a job at vBridge, we will collect information to perform reference and police checks, to pay you, to keep in touch with you, and contact your next of kin or emergency contacts if necessary. This information includes:
- Phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Bank account number
- IRD number
- Next of kin or emergency contact information
When you access the Service with a web browser or mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to:
- the type of device you use
- your device unique ID
- IP address of your device
- your operating system
- the type of Internet browser you use
- unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
Cookies and tracking Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is received. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service and keep you signed in.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register in person or online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, marketing web form, or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Registration in person or online, or place an order for any of our products or services through and authorised reseller of our services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, marketing web form, or provide feedback on any of our resellers message boards or via their email.
Where do we store your data?
We securely store your data in our own data processing facilities at:
- Spark Digital Datacentre, 8 Perimeter Road, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Datacom, 6 Orbit Drive, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2 Baigent Way, Middleton, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 57 Pilkington Way, Wigram, Christchurch, New Zealand
We also store your data within the systems of our service providers that may be located outside of New Zealand, and where the data protection laws may differ than those in New Zealand. These include:
- Xero Limited https://www.xero.com/nz/about/legal/privacy/ for financial transaction management
- Insightly https://www.insightly.com/privacy-policy/ for CRM services
- FreshService https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/to track support activities
- Microsoft Office 365 https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatementto support vBridge office automation
- Mailjet https://www.mailjet.com/security-privacy/ to send you customer newsletters
- Status.io https://status.io/privacy to alert you of scheduled maintenance or incidents
How long will we keep your data?
We will keep your Company and Personal for the duration of time you transact business with us, or work for us. We will also keep the information we need to meet our legal obligations according to New Zealand financial, commercial and employment legislation. https://www.aranz.org.nz/professional-resources/recordkeeping-legislation/.
Following this period, we will delete your data. Any storage media we use to provide the Service will be subject to a secure physical destruction process by an approved and authorised provider of data and document destruction services.
Will we ever disclose your data?
vBridge may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of vBridge
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
What happens if your data is breached?
If vBridge suffers a privacy breach (also called a data breach) we will immediately take action to prevent further damage and harm, and we will follow the guidance of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner. https://privacy.org.nz/privacy-for-agencies/privacy-breaches/.
If we believe that the breach is likely to cause anyone serious harm, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner and any affected persons as soon as practicable.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to access. You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to correct. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to remove. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
We will respond to any requests within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com, Call us at +6432818624, or write to us: PO Box 999, 8140 Christchurch, New Zealand
If you feel that vBridge has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand.https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/
Changes to this policy
We review this policy regularly, and we will place any updates on our web page. If we believe the change is significant, we will contact you directly to advise you of the change.